We Are Hiring
Business Development Manager
Who we are:
Bluegator Creative is a creative marketing agency, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We are a small, personal agency providing the branding, marketing and digital solutions for our clients’. We make exciting companies look awesome by telling a great story and ensuring their message reaches the right audience.
Our mission is to create exciting, creative solutions for our clients who are ready to take the next step in their marketing journey.
As a small team we're deeply involved in each project we undertake. We treat all projects as if it was our own and always pull together as a team to make sure we can be proud of the products and solutions we create. We offer honest expert guidance at every stage of the creative journey. This means we’re always looking forward and trying to find long-term sustainable solutions for our clients, instead of settling for the quickest fix.
We see our clients and suppliers as partners, a team with one goal in mind.
As our business development manager you are directly responsible for increasing Bluegator Creative’s exposure and revenue through successfully promoting and selling our services.
The main focus of your role will be sourcing new leads, promoting our solutions to current and potential clients and setting up and attending meetings/events to expand our brand’s outreach.
In essence you will be a brand ambassador leading the yearly growth of the business, building new business relationships, developing new business streams and generating revenue against target expectations.
- Achieving allocated Key Performance Indicators: Lead generation, Lead conversions, monthly/quarterly sales targets.
- Identifying and pursuing prospects and converting them into clients.
- Co-creating and implementing commercially viable sales strategies across different sales channels that ensure sustainable year-on-year growth.
- Pursuing new business opportunities through cold calling, chasing warm leads and industry networking.
- Attending relevant networking events to promote the company’s products and services.
- Identifying new markets and sales channels to support the business’ growth plans.
- Investigating economic conditions, industry trends and competition.
- Forming a deep understanding of each client’s business to allow you to successfully convert leads to sales.
- Applying an influential style of written and verbal communication to all clients and partners.
- Obtaining feedback from any lost business to improve the approach and/or product offering.
- Identifying potential product/service shortfalls and communicating these to senior management.
- Providing regular feedback to the Managing and Creative Director on sales activity and prospective clients.
- Creating effective client proposals, ensuring they are attractive and relevant to the client’s needs.
- Educating clients accurately and persuasively on our brand and suite of services.
- Responding to all client emails and sales enquiries within 24 hours.
- Striving to receive positive feedback/testimonials from clients to help with securing new business.
- Working in conjunction with the Managing Director/Creative Director to define the long-term objectives and goals of the business development strategy.
- Recording detailed notes from your client meetings on our internal database.
- Liaising with Managing Director to communicate sales activity, results and issue product feedback.
- Properly qualifying sales opportunities, ensuring a return on time invested.
- Producing highly detailed sales plans/status reports.
- Meeting with team regularly to give and/or receive product/service feedback.
- Reporting sales activity, department load and critical activity needs.
- Identifying ways to improve the way we communicate and market the brand.
- Answering incoming calls for the team and managing enquiries.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience selling within design/digital/marketing services or relevant products and a passion for the industry.
- Experience dealing with larger companies and their protocol.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation skills and confident approach to new business.
- Strong networking, business development and client relationship management capabilities.
- Proven success achieving revenue targets.
- Ability to think logically in challenging and diverse situations.
- Self-motivated, positive, trustworthy with high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail in all your work.
- Capable and comfortable working in a small team.
What we offer
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 - £35,000.00 per year depending on experience
Additional pay: Uncapped sales commission bonus structure
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 - 5:00pm
(Flexibility office working hours to avoid traffic or help with family duties – including the option of working from home on selected days
Annual Leave: 31 days paid holiday (22 + 9 UK national holidays).
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Bluegator Creative Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.